How You Help
Great Cycle Challenge USA has one goal...to fight kids' cancer!
Why? Because cancer is the leading killer of children from disease in the United States - 38 children die of cancer every week.
All funds raised go to support the work of Children's Cancer Research Fund to develop treatments and find a cure for childhood cancer. And we won't stop until all kids are free from cancer!
Your support through Great Cycle Challenge USA allows us to continue our work to fight kids' cancer and give these kids the brighter futures that they deserve.
Together, we can end childhood cancer.
The Impact You Make
With only 4 percent of federal funding available for childhood cancer research, fundraising is crucial to finding safer, more effective therapies for kids battling cancer.
Thanks to Great Cycle Challenge USA riders, CCRF is able to support new research and ensure that promising discoveries continue uninterrupted.
Your fundraising efforts help:
- Launch new ideas with seed grants for innovative research that holds great promise but doesn’t yet qualify for larger grants.
- Introduce clinical trials that lead to new treatments and drugs.
- Fill funding gaps that can slow down or halt potentially lifesaving projects.
- Train the next generation of researchers.
- Foster collaboration and share information to accelerate promising discoveries.
In 2019, CCRF funded more than 40 research initiatives around the country. Learn more about the important work GCC riders have made possible.
Our funding has led to breakthroughs that have helped increase childhood cancer survival rates to over 80%...but we'll keep going until we achieve a 100% cure rate and healthy survivors.
Where We've Funded Research
Money raised by Great Cycle Challenge riders has been granted to the following hospitals and research centers. Funding decisions are made through an application and scientific review process.
- Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta – Egleston
- Children’s Hospital of Colorado
- Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
Children’s National Medical Center
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Indiana University
- Johns Hopkins University
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute
Seattle Children’s Hospital
- University of California-San Francisco
- University of Minnesota Masonic Cancer Center
- University of Pittsburgh
- University of Rochester
- University of Texas at San Antonio
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Vanderbilt University
Donate with Confidence
We’re committed to complete transparency and accountability with our financial information and how fundraising dollars are used to further our mission. As a result, CCRF is recognized for meeting all 20 standards by the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance; we are a GuideStar Platinum Participant; and, we meet all the accountability standards from the Charities Review Council.