Many companies offer matching gift programs to encourage employees to contribute or volunteer with charitable organizations like Children’s Cancer Research Fund (CCCRF) through its Great Cycle Challenge USA program.
Corporates will often match donations dollar-for-dollar (or more!), while some organizations will even recognize your riding as a voluntary contribution to a nonprofit and match the hours ridden with a financial contribution!
This is a great opportunity to increase the impact of the donations or fundraising you are already undertaking, so don’t forget to ask your HR department if they will match your gift, and make sure your donors are asking theirs too!
Children’s Cancer Research Fund (Tax ID: 41-1893645) is recognized as a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization by the Internal Revenue Service, making it eligible to receive matching gifts from most corporate and philanthropic foundation matching programs.
Apply for a match in three easy steps:
- Step 1: Donate to support a rider’s Great Cycle Challenge campaign (including your own!)
- Step 2: Search below to see if your company will match your gift and to access the forms, guidelines, and instructions that you need to submit your match.
- Step 3: Apply for the match through the company’s website or submit the completed forms to the company’s relevant department and ask them to send it to the address below:
Children’s Cancer Research Fund
Attn: Great Cycle Challenge
7301 Ohms Lane, Suite 355
Minneapolis, MN 55439
Tax ID: 41-1893645
Contact email: email@example.com
Here’s some supporting documents your application might also ask for:
- Children’s Cancer Research Fund Annual Report, Audited Financial Statement and Form 990
- Internal Revenue Service Form W9
- Internal Revenue Service Determination Letter
What happens next?
Once the request is received by the company providing the match, it will ask CCRF to independently verify the original donation and approve the match. As many company often carry out this process by mail, please allow several weeks for the processing of the match request.
The company will send the matching gift check to CCRF on their next distribution cycle, which can be monthly or even quarterly, depending on the company’s policy. As soon as CCRF receives the payment, it will be reflected on your fundraising page!
Have questions about matching gifts or donations in general? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.