Kick Cancer's Butt Day
Wednesday June 13 is Kick Cancer's Butt Day!
And a group of wonderful supporters have created a special fund to boost all donations. So on Wednesday, for every donation received, the fund will meet your total for the day (up to $500,000 across the event) and we'll add that total to your personal tally on your fundraising page.
That means ANY online donation YOU receive on Kick Cancer's Butt Day (Wednesday, June 13) will qualify and the matching donation will be added to your online fundraising page. You can event sponsor yourself. :)
What do I need to do on Kick Cancer's Butt Day?
There are 2 actions we want you to take on Kick Cancer's Butt Day:
- Send an email to at least 10 friends, family or colleagues.
- Post a message on Facebook to tell your friends about your challenge.
How do I know what to send / post?
We'll send you an email at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday morning that will include a butt-kicking email template and Facebook post.
Note: We'll upload an email template into your dashboard at midnight, so you can login to your account and send it out as soon as you wake up (if you can't wait until 8:30 a.m.). ;)
What else do I need to know?
Here's the key facts you need to be aware of for Kick Cancer's Butt Day:
Any online donation you receive from 12:00 a.m. Wednesday morning to 11:59 p.m. Wednesday night on June 13 will be matched by our special fund, thanks to these awesome supporters (up to $500,000). We're covering all US time zones so no one misses out.
We can only match donations received on Wednesday through your online fundraising page, so if you enter offline donations through your dashboard, these will also need to be paid in on Wednesday to be eligible for the matching. Unfortunately check donations cannot be included in the match, as they cannot be recieved and processed in the match window.
If we do raise more than the $500,000 pledge this Wednesday (fingers crossed), we'll allocate the donations equally among riders (based on the % total that you raised), to make sure it's fair for everyone. We'll add the donation to your page within 3 business days, and we will email you to confirm your match once it has been added to your fundraising total.
Any match donation amount you receive will also count towards incentives like your Great Cycle Challenge and/or Hero Jerseys!
Can I do anything to get ready?
Indeed you can. Get yourself ready with these simple steps:
- Share this pic on Facebook now to tell your friends that their donation will be MATCHED for Wednesday only!
- Connect your Facebook account to your GCC dashboard to automatically update your friends on your progress and tell them about this special matching offer (riders who use this feature raise 40% more on average).
- Get an email list ready of your friends, family and colleagues.
- Download a poster to spread the word about your challenge.
- Update your Facebook profile with one of these awesome profile pics.
- Get some sleep. Because this Wednesday (June 13)...it's butt-kicking time!
Download these Facebook images to update your profile pic and timeline image during June to tell everyone about your riding challenge to fight kids' cancer!
If you need some assistance, simply follow the instructions below.
Facebook Resources to use on Kick Cancer's Butt Day.
Choose from our selection of pics to share on your Facebook page to spread the word on this special day.
You can even update your profile pic by adding your photo to our Facebook frames to spread the word about your challenge.
To update your Facebook profile:
- Click on the image above (to open in new window)
- Right click on image
- Select 'Save Image As' (and save to your drive)
- Log into Facebook and update your profile pic and/or cover pic